Thread: disable daytime lights?

disable daytime lights?

Anyone, especially Canadians that have the daytime running lights know how to disable them. I want to install HID but would like to be able to turn them on/off with the factory switch when I please not everytime the car is running.

I thought it's illegal to disable DRL in Canada?

You should check with your local Motor Vehicle office before
    you proceed with your modification.

Good luck!

wtf is a day time light ??
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

In Charge
    Originally posted by Abuimad
    wtf is a day time light ??
    They are headlights that automatically turn on when you start the car. In Canada, cars must have their lights running all the time, and thus daytime running lights.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

ahhh....well thats no biggi i mean i drive with my fog lights day and night
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

OG Moderator
    Im not 100% sure.. but I think if you remove the daytime running lamp relay under the drivers underdash panel.. it will disable them.
    remove the drivers underdash panel and it should be on the left hand side.. Im not completely sure.. but Ive heard that if you remove that (if its even there!) then it will disable the daytime running lights.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

hey slammed::: is the relay labled or is it the only relay under the dash??

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by joboo
    hey slammed::: is the relay labled or is it the only relay under the dash??
    Im pretty sure its the only relay under the dash.. if it is there, then its a larger relay.. not your typical sized relay.. and I think its got a silver metal cover on the relay itself.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

o ok : I am going to go outside and check it out right now

OG Moderator
    its kinda high up on the underside of the dash.. I think in the area of the steering column.. left hand side of it. good luck.. let me know if it is there.. Im interested to know!

well, nothing to be found under the dash that resembles a large silver relay. anyone have any input on this?