Thread: Lightbulb numbers / sizes / ?

Lightbulb numbers / sizes / ?

The instrument cluster, if I'm going to replace those bulbs with LEDs what size(s) do I need?

Thanks!!
    1999 C230k Silver
    Remus Sport Exhaust
    18\" Damani Champ\'s Gun-Metal
    Clear corners
    White blinkers front and rear
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom projector fog lights
    S600 grill
    Debadge
    12\" Alpine Type R
    1250w Kenwood amp
    \"ported\" trunk-to-cabin
    MB all-weather mats
    ugly ass steering wheel cover

nm
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

really? why?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

nm
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

I have no idea where you got that information but thats 100% incorrect. LED's emit ZERO heat and have far less chance of causing a fire than a normal incandescent bulb. Not only that they use 95% less electricity and last 10 times as long. Not only that but the LED bulbs you see already have the proper resistors built into the bulbs to prevent too much current.

If you do not know what you are talking about PLEASE do not post false myths and folklore.

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    I have no idea where you got that information but thats 100% incorrect. LED's emit ZERO heat and have far less chance of causing a fire than a normal incandescent bulb. Not only that but the LED bulbs you see already have the proper resistors built into the bulbs.

If you do not know what you are talking about PLEASE do not post false myths and folklore.
    :werd:
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Question

Has anyone identified what size/type of bulbs are used in the instrument panel ? I had a brief look at the bulbs before but i do not know the detailed specs.

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    I have no idea where you got that information but thats 100% incorrect. LED's emit ZERO heat and have far less chance of causing a fire than a normal incandescent bulb. Not only that they use 95% less electricity and last 10 times as long. Not only that but the LED bulbs you see already have the proper resistors built into the bulbs to prevent too much current.

LED's do emit heat, and so does the limiting resistor. It is a small fraction of the heat emitted by an incandescent bulb, but it is there nonetheless. If you find a LED that actually emits ZERO heat, the Nobel Prize Committee would like to talk to you.

My question is that LEDS dont really spread out light in all directions, they are like a linear light. I was thinking of putting leds in the instrument cluster but imagine that only certain points of the cluster being bright because thats where the led is most directed at and then other parts being dim. Hmmmm....

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

Originally posted by stox
    LED's do emit heat, and so does the limiting resistor. It is a small fraction of the heat emitted by an incandescent bulb, but it is there nonetheless. If you find a LED that actually emits ZERO heat, the Nobel Prize Committee would like to talk to you.

Thank you....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014