Thread: replacement badges...

Angry replacement badges...

I just noticed that someone stole my front badge!!

question is: can they be put back IN without the need of the tool? also; anywhere in australia that sells the replacement badges (seen plenty of places but i haven't checked their shipping details) apart from the dealer?

i haven't checked the rear badge but when i went back to the car last night (when it was unfortunately parked on the street) it was still there.

thanks guys...

whoah.... i am hallucinating (lack of sleep you see.. yess yes that's it )

anyways my star is still there, it blended into the rain drops on the hood and camoflagued itself when i looked at it from across the carpark...

still though; i would still like to know where to get spares in australia such as badges, headlights, trim etc etc...

thanks again guys ....

hey, where is AUS are you from, im in melbourne

cheers
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

rollinrealbig
    tools all you need is your hand! pop the hood and twist the remains of your star out. thats it.

as for finding a new one in australia i have no clue because I havnt been there (ever) and here in the US they are around $30 so its not a biggie.

or if you don't have a kung fu grip. Use some pliers. Lightly squeeze and turn.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

hello, i am from melbourne as well i am very interested in where i can get aftermarket mercedes parts locally. have been dodged a few times on ebay and do not trust it much anymore. any advice would be very good thanks guys.
    My Car - http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9219&perpage=15&pagenum ber=4

Custom Painted, Shaved Door handles, Chrome 20\'s, Slammed, Soundstream Stereo, Avantgarde Grill,

Team Illusiv - Street to Elite - Australia\'s Premier online Car Show team.

i rung the dealer to find out anyway....

they wanted to charge me $97.80 for the part. this included a new star and badge as one piece, they aren't able to buy only the star.

i am on the gold coast by the way...

if no one knows anywhere in aus to buy aftermarket parts, then where is the best place overseas to purchase them online from? if shipping is not a huge cost that doesn't bother me; but again, they need to offer shipping to aus and from experience so far no one in the states does...

You can try www.importec.com. THe hood star is $25.47 USD. Not sure how that converts to oz, and you'd also have to figure out the shipping costs.

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by zirophyz
    i rung the dealer to find out anyway....

they wanted to charge me $97.80 for the part. this included a new star and badge as one piece, they aren't able to buy only the star.

i am on the gold coast by the way...

if no one knows anywhere in aus to buy aftermarket parts, then where is the best place overseas to purchase them online from? if shipping is not a huge cost that doesn't bother me; but again, they need to offer shipping to aus and from experience so far no one in the states does...
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember replacing mine and it was under $30 FROM the stealership!!!