Thread: Car misfiring violently

Car misfiring violently

Ok, i was driving home today and it had been raining all day. I have a cold air intake that sits behind that hole in the front that seem like it shoulh have a fog lamp. I hit a small puddle and i thiunk maybe i sucked a bit of water. After that, teh car starts to misfire, limp mode if you will. got home and shut down, or it shut itself down. Now i took apart the hole intake, from filter to intake manifold. THere was a bit of water but not much. The MAS was wet, i think that might have something to do with it. Tryed starting, cranked and fired for like a second or so, and would shut down. Put teh intake back together and restarted and it started and ran, just realy crappy. i would shake liek crazy, misfire and all kindas of violent shit like that. I hear i knock and it ran ok after that on idle. i gave it a bit of rev and it would shudder and then soon dies out.
    Now after all that, does anyone know what the hell i can do now???

Thanks for help in advance

Roca
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

this kinda happend to me when i ran a little water under the hood to wash it a bit. then when i tried to drive it it went to limp mode . i just let it sit in the garage and went on vacation for few weeks and when i came back it drove fine and never happend again. most like will be ok if it dries for a while.

do you have a bypass valve for your intake?

i need to get one.
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod