Thread: I fxxxKed up my car.... plz help

I fxxxKed up my car.... plz help

I was changing my tires the other day with the stock "lifter". I pulled out my tires and walked to my garage to bring out the new one, but all of a sudden the "lifter" thing that u stick inside the hole to lifet the car up suddenly slid off and my whole car smashed on the ground... it was my rear wheel....

the break pads was like chopped in 3/4 b/c the impact was too great.

has this happened to nayone before? and what r the possible things i need to fix and what are the cost r probably going to be like???

Re: I fxxxKed up my car.... plz help

Originally posted by hideric
    I was changing my tires the other day with the stock "lifter". I pulled out my tires and walked to my garage to bring out the new one, but all of a sudden the "lifter" thing that u stick inside the hole to lifet the car up suddenly slid off and my whole car smashed on the ground... it was my rear wheel....

the break pads was like chopped in 3/4 b/c the impact was too great.

has this happened to nayone before? and what r the possible things i need to fix and what are the cost r probably going to be like???
    Hehe. Should have read this before I replied to your other question about the wheels..
    2000 c280 Sport
    1991 190e 2.3 (sold)

Ummm, did you have the parking brake on and blocks behind the tires. Anyway, ummmmm, if it fell onto the rotor, i would say a new rotor and brake pad. You said the rear so there is not spindle, so that should be it, unless by some horrible misfortune you bent the axle or something like that, the sh!t damn kid, you might have a big problem. Hopefully its just rotor(s) and pad(s) for you wallets sake.
    Hope everthing works out for you though,

Roca
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

isnt this the 2nd person who did this on club202? mercedes owners are smart!!!!
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

Originally posted by alphanumeric
    isnt this the 2nd person who did this on club202? mercedes owners are smart!!!!
    I dont know, maybe. But know he knows what to do next time
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

that sucks! i always wondered what would happen if the car fell during that.

haha, not pleasant i could tell you>.<

i think it was pure bad luck, since theres only one hole for the jack... nothing happened when i changed my spare tires...
    meh.. shit happens i guess.

That sucks man, this is why I always put the spare tire under the car before I start jacking with any manufactors jack.
    2003 450 HP EVOVIII, 1998 C280 DAILY DRIVER, 1995 YZF-600

my car fell over sideways with one of those jacks, i sort of caught it and managed to hold it from falling over completely wile my garage companion put a block of wood in a better place.
    those jacks are dodgy!
    -Logan-