Thread: C43/CLK55 Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OG Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dokotela View Post
    I've been keeping as well as can be Ross. Hopefully the turbo 202 will be done very very soon. Then it's onto the 2.5 16 201 with the itb setup. Most parts are in. Then to finish the 201 2.3 16 turbo and finally the 201 amg. Haven't driven my c23k in a while.I know how it is not to drive your car.
    Good luck with your search brother
    Good to hear Naushad.
    You are a busy man with so many builds!
    ITB? Wow, nice! What the throttle bodies come off of? Custom intake manifold for everything to fit into?
    Sounds like some amazing projects.
    It sucks I haven't driven my Turbo C in so long, I do miss it. But too many other things to do. It just has to sit on the back burner for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Ross!, Yeah man we have an awsome little gurl now she's 16 months and shouldn't be too far of the second, you don't know just how much free time you have until you they arrive(as you would know by now huh )
    I guess If you need to go as far as a new body maybe C43 is the way forward!!?. if you needed to sell the turbo gear it shouldn't be hard, I've had plenty of people ask where they can get such a setup for the 202 in the past few years!
    Congrats brother! Wifey pregnant already or you working on it? It's amazing how much life changes when you have kids! They are great and all, but sometimes you want a moment of peace!
    Oh and I know all about the lack of free time! It gets better as they get older. Your free time comes back very slowly. But you do get some.
    2 kids are a game changer! My oldest is 4 years, and the new one is a month old now.
    You should wait a bit longer. Let you daughter get a little older so that when you have the second one she can help you guys out! 3-4 years is a good gap between kids.
    I'm still on the fence. A part of me really wants the C43, and a part of me really wants to keep the Turbo. So I'm very torn.
    I hope there is no problem to sell the Turbo set up if it comes to that. I'd want it to go to someone that appreciates the time and effort you put into it and I put into it (more so you!).
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    Good to hear Naushad.
    You are a busy man with so many builds!
    ITB? Wow, nice! What the throttle bodies come off of? Custom intake manifold for everything to fit into?
    Sounds like some amazing projects.
    It sucks I haven't driven my Turbo C in so long, I do miss it. But too many other things to do. It just has to sit on the back burner for now.

Congrats brother! Wifey pregnant already or you working on it? It's amazing how much life changes when you have kids! They are great and all, but sometimes you want a moment of peace!
    Oh and I know all about the lack of free time! It gets better as they get older. Your free time comes back very slowly. But you do get some.
    2 kids are a game changer! My oldest is 4 years, and the new one is a month old now.
    You should wait a bit longer. Let you daughter get a little older so that when you have the second one she can help you guys out! 3-4 years is a good gap between kids.
    I'm still on the fence. A part of me really wants the C43, and a part of me really wants to keep the Turbo. So I'm very torn.
    I hope there is no problem to sell the Turbo set up if it comes to that. I'd want it to go to someone that appreciates the time and effort you put into it and I put into it (more so you!).
    Not sure how I missed your response Ross!! Fully agree with everything you said haha. We are looking to a second now but your right its a game changer. Hope all is well with yours now,your youngest will be 9 months hope your getting some sleep xD

I'm ok if you have to sell the turbo gear, just make sure they know how much went into those bits haha. having a family now I think custom days are limited you'd want to jump in a C43 and cruise!!

take it easy man
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Not sure how I missed your response Ross!! Fully agree with everything you said haha. We are looking to a second now but your right its a game changer. Hope all is well with yours now,your youngest will be 9 months hope your getting some sleep xD

I'm ok if you have to sell the turbo gear, just make sure they know how much went into those bits haha. having a family now I think custom days are limited you'd want to jump in a C43 and cruise!!

take it easy man
    and the time flies by...and the time warp continues
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 89 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8, 93 2.3 8v sportline x2
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98(2JZ), 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG