Thread: Larger Sway bars. Calling anybody that's fitted them. Vetruck any comments?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It appears I stand corrected. I was looking at US spec cars which obviously must fall under much stricter safety standards and are substantially heavier then the European based versions of the same car. You car is actually 2965 lbs curb weight! I'm jealous , I thought I had the lightweight nibble version of the W202- I at least do in the states, but not compared to elsewhere.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma...02_2/1998.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    It appears I stand corrected. I was looking at US spec cars which obviously must fall under much stricter safety standards and are substantially heavier then the European based versions of the same car. You car is actually 2965 lbs curb weight! I'm jealous , I thought I had the lightweight nibble version of the W202- I at least do in the states, but not compared to elsewhere.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma...02_2/1998.html
    The thing is, not many it seems want a manual gearbox, no leather, no sunroof, no electric seats etc. I must be one of the few that like it's basic spec i.e. low weight and less to go wrong. Actually all the car has is air con above the basic spec of a European C180 of the same year even though it's a 230K Sport.

When I put my car on a weighbridge last year it came in at 1360 kg/2998 lb with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Ideally I'd really like to get that down by 60 kg/130 lbs initially and then look at removing another 50 kg/110 lbs and end up with 1250 kg/ 2750 lbs. But I don't think that will be easy while trying to keep the car useable as a daily driver also I suspect it would end up being a four door saloon with only two seats!
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 02-18-2016 at 07:28 AM.
    JJJ.