Thread: supercharger pulley upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piko View Post
    You want to add fueling only when needed. And thats only at open loop, otherwise you mess up the fuel trims. You add fuel above 7PSI to get an AFR 12 and you'll be flying!
    For fueling I suggest this:

First clamp the MAF signal at 4.6V
    then add fuel with this
    https://splitsec.com/product/aic1-g2...or-controller/

using something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weld-on-Addi...-/261843239446
    Sorry guys for the thread hijack but it's a relevant question.

Piko, what do you reckon. Will I be running too lean with 10psi @ max rev's? I don't have a AFR gauge installed but have clamped the MAF @ 4.7v.
    JJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones Jr. View Post
    Sorry guys for the thread hijack but it's a relevant question.

Piko, what do you reckon. Will I be running too lean with 10psi @ max rev's? I don't have a AFR gauge installed but have clamped the MAF @ 4.7v.
    The stock injectors don't provide enough fuel for much over stock boost. Didn't you have yours remaped?
    Many people just run higher boost with stock fueling and the ECU takes care of knock by reducing ignition timing. It does a good job but you're loosing a lot of power that way.

Quote Originally Posted by piko View Post
    The stock injectors don't provide enough fuel for much over stock boost. Didn't you have yours remaped?
    Many people just run higher boost with stock fueling and the ECU takes care of knock by reducing ignition timing. It does a good job but you're loosing a lot of power that way.
    Thanks for the replay Piko. Yes, I had mine remapped. So, that may help?

Would it be beneficial to just change to larger injectors anyway (without an ECU remap to suit) and if so importantly is there suitable injectors that are a direct swap that won't cost a fortune? I think I know the answer but would like to hear your view.
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 03-01-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    JJJ.