Thread: Full race DIY adjustable camber links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Last edited by Vetruck; 11-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    The lower control arms are mounted to the rear suspension subframe in double shear (meaning it fits inbetween two mount ears). The front mount ear is a solid lateral panel, but the rear ears om both sides are hanging down with no lateral support when the tire force exerts pressure inward upon the control arm bolt. The rear mount ear flexes towrads the other side.

Adding a sinmple lateral brace will help support the loaded ear from the opposite rear mount ear bolt. I need to reroute my exhaust (will be building a custom setup in the near future (next on my list) and then I will simply add longer rear control arm bolts ou thte backside of the subframe and attach a lateral brace from trailing arm tubing and rod ends. It will have a very slight rpeload outward to take up slop and then locked down to that length with the jam nuts.

Below is a pic of the subframe, and then the same pic with a lateral brace supporting the rear ears.
    Attachment 1579
    Attachment 1578
    It's well known that W202 (& W201's) sub frames do crack, might be worth doing a bit of research on the net for a few photos. Consider some extra welded in bracing (using rebar or similar) and rewelding the original joints too?
    JJJ.