Thread: Which shock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    how do you know you got no 1 or no 2 settings on front or rear pair?
    is there a stop on each step 0 - 1 - 2?

if you have chosen your setting and you're happy with it, there's not necessary to go back and forth with different adjustment settings as you need to remove cover/gaiter everytime?

Did you have to re-use your old plastic dustcovers from your old shox and put them on your new shox?
    don't know the exact name for this cover, it's on the top part of the shock, highlighted in black

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    how do you know you got no 1 or no 2 settings on front or rear pair?
    is there a stop on each step 0 - 1 - 2?

if you have chosen your setting and you're happy with it, there's not necessary to go back and forth with different adjustment settings as you need to remove cover/gaiter everytime?

Did you have to re-use your old plastic dustcovers from your old shox and put them on your new shox?
    don't know the exact name for this cover, it's on the top part of the shock, highlighted in black
    Koni 26 series have a very noticible click each time the rebound adjuster moves. Koni's settings are 0-3. THose settings have individual clicks that the button will pop back out each time for each of the 4 setings. (don;t ask me why Koni uses "0" as one of the four settings but that's what they start with. 0, 1, 2, & 3- 3 being firmest of the rebound setting.

You need to remove the shock for adjustment, not just remove the dust cover- so the use of rubber boots is unnecessary. You have to push downthe button firmly and spin the shaft inside the body to the left or right to the next click. The button will pop back up at the next setting so if you need to go further you then have to push the button again each time- it only allows you to move the adjuster once click each time you press the button. What the button is doing is holding the outer disk in position as you turn the shaft which connects to the inner disk. It is alot like the buttons you press on a skill saw to hold the blade from rotating as you wrench the center nut off. Other wise the nut pins with the blade when you try and turn it. The Koni buttom holds the disc like the saw button holds the blade.

A little tip is you can make machined bottom pins with clips to hold the base of the shocks in place for quick release insteadof bolting them in place. We do this on the racecars very commonly. I had these on my NASCAR Supertruck so when I needed to pull an entire coilover for a spring or damper change I could do it rapidly. there can not be slop in the pin though or you will hear them all rattle and knock on every bump. Youc an bolt on the top eyebolt and never have to take that off, just undo the bottom shock mount.- however, that's me because I remove the black plastic dust cover boot so I can press the buttom without removing the top mount and having to pull that crappy thing out of the way. Koni uses that to help keep forgein debris of the shcok body top and the seal. I live in sunny Southern California where we do not get snow conditions and thus salted roads- this is very corrosive so they make those protective boots for situations like this- its a worse case senerio thing to hve those boot covers on there. Here is my old Camaro I ran 15 years without covers on them