Hi all, im new here, long time W202 owner/driver from the east coast of Australia.

Just moved up from the 95 C180 Esprit ive had for over ten extremely trouble free years and 353,700klms with hardly a cent spent. Still got the car, will likely keep it.

Had my 99 C43 for abit over two weeks now, just rolled over 110,000klms yesterday, exceptional condition. The oil light came on about a week after i got it telling me to add 2.0lts, dip stick says slightly over full ( it covers the letters "max" on the dipstick ) Got another level sensor coming, no big deal at all.

The minor issue im having is only when cold, id say prior to entering closed loop operation, but not certain on that. Never happens warmed up.

If i put the boot in, itll go 'ok' til about 3,200-4,000rpm, then all of a sudden pull strong as an ox. When warmed up, itll pull strong the whole way, no issue.

It doesnt seem to be running rough, but this car is so bloody quiet its hard to say for sure. It was much worse when i first got the car, over the course of a week it improved a fair bit, but has no leveled off.

I have had the trans serviced and it was like new, works perfectly. I also did the reset on it and that improved its shift points, but that isnt the issue here.

If i start the car up and allow it to run for 3-5 minutes before i drive, all actually seems fine.

Im interested to know what people think could be the cause of this only when cold issue.

Apart from this, the car is everything i dreamed it would be, and its still a W202